PROJECT - FLAG STATION
The picture is of the first train(named Taiamai) to reach Kaikohe when the railway was declared open by Prime Minister W F Massey in 1914. About 5 km south of Kaikohe was the small Flag station at Ngapuhi . This was a station that the train only stopped at if a flag waved them down to load or off load. This Flag station is part of our collection of historic buildings & we raised the funding to restore it. It is now completed and has been placed in the Village complex. The diesel locomotive 'Kaimai' now also stops at this flag station.